Thursday, April 23, 2009

As The Dress Twirls (Part 4 - Finally)

The Wednesday after I first went met with Lynn at Jinny's Bridal, I took BM J and her adorable son L to look at my top wedding dress contenders. 

**Mr Frenchie, if for some reason you are actually reading WeddingBee, this is the post you are you NOT allowed to see... unlease, or course, you want to be in the dog house! Kisses, I loooove you :)**

The first dress I showed her I had liked, but MOB liked MUCH more. I unfortunately don't have a picture of this dress because Jinny's had taken the tag off and only had a style number on the sale's tag. My guess is it was a knock off of another dress because it was only $500, but I don't know for sure. The dress was a typical A-line cut; it had a jewel booby area, a rooshed bodice and, at the hip, the skirt went out a little and fell to the floor. This dress was by far the poofiest one I tried on. I actually really like the way it fit but I wasn't a fan of the random lace trim on the bottom of the skirt. Plus, I also didn't understand how a dress with more parts to it was less busy than a solid lace gown... anyway. BM J liked that dress, but I could tell she wasn't in love with it.

The next dress was Antonia Marie also by Maggie Sottero.
antoniamarie
Antonia Marie was a beautiful dress and the neckline looked fantastic on me. The fabric was very light, but to shimmery for my taste and there was something about the bottom lace on the bodice that did not appeal to me. BM J also liked this dress, but wasn't a HUGE fan, she said she loved it, but I could tell she wasn't in love with this one too.

The last dress I tried on was Paigely by Maggie Sottero 
paigely
This was the dress I fell in love with the minute Lynn had me laced up. I loved the lace and the way it fit me like a glove. I was orignally a little nervous about being so in love with Paigely. After all, she was the first dress I tired on after almost purchasing a dress I didn't really love.  I also knew Paigely wasn't Mama Frenchie's favorite and it may be hard to ask her to buy me a dress she didn't love. In the end, Mama Frenchie generously purchased the dress of my dreams and I could not be more excited to wear her on my wedding day.

Did your mother buy your dress? or did another family member offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment