Thursday, June 4, 2009

SoleMates

I can't remember what I started drooling over first, wedding dresses or wedding shoes. I LOVE shoes! (Really what girl doesn't?) If I take a look at the collection of shoes I've bookmarked over the past 7 monthes (have I really been planning that long?) I see a trend - Pumps.

Source - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

But a couple months ago it hit me - I'm getting married on GRASS! I will walk down a grass aisle and I will mingle on grass durning our reception.



Source for both

Those heels are going to sink right in. What is a French Bulldog to do? I can't change my venue, that would just be crazy. I guess I could wear wedges, like the wise Mrs Pomegranate, but I don't think wedges would go well with my lacey dress. Plus, I've only found one pair I like.

Christian Louboutin doesn't come cheap and if I'm buying Louboutin I want a red sole darn it!

Enter, my SoleMates, not to be confused with my Soulmate, Mr. Frenchie. 


According to their website, SoulMates, increase the surface area of the heel base, which of course reduces the pressure so you don't irrigate the lawn. A pretty genius invention if you ask me. Mama Frenchie picked up a pair of these in clear for me at a local boutique, but they can also be ordered online.

Just in case your wondering how well they work, I tested them out at our venue this weekend and I didn't sink at all.

Are you getting married on the grass too? What kind of shoes are you wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment