Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy You're-The-One-aversary

Boy am I glad Mr Frenchie and I decided not to write out own vows. I started to write about our 3rd You're-the-One-aversary and I'm finding it incredibly hard to put into words how I feel about Mr Frenchie. You see, three years ago on Memmorial Day Mr Frenchie and I drove down to San Diego for the day and while sitting on the grass on Shelter Island Mr Frenchie told me I was "The One". 

Mr Frenchie was the first boyfriend I had ever said "I love you" too, so the fact that we already knew this was "it" was a BIG DEAL to me. I (like I'm sure a lot of you) always wondered how I would know when I met the man I was going to marry. I heard from many a married (or engaged) friend, "you just know." You don't fully understand that until you met him/her and you "just know". That afternoon hearing Mr Frenchie tell me he knew that I was the one he was going to spend the rest of his life with brought happy tears to my eyes and I will never forget that.
That's it... I've tried to write more but it all sounds elementary to me. If you met me I could talk your ear off, seriously I.HAVE.A.PROBLEM. I'm like the little kid in Jerry Maguire, "D'you know that the human head weighs 8 pounds?", I just have the hardest time writing it down and in a way that makes sense. So, we'll be relying on the same word many couples have said before. Part of me wishes we were writting our own vows and they other part of me is really excited to be going the "traditional" route. We'll be saying the same words our parents said and their parents said, it's kinda exciting actually. :)

Have you decided to write your own vows? or are you going the "traditional" route like us?

No comments:

Post a Comment