Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Engagement Party Invite DIY

Way back in December of 2008 Mama and Daddy Frenchie threw Mr Frenchie & I an engagement party. The idea of the invite started with a picture taken by the very talented Jessica Claire at the wedding of my very good friend Tiffany Michelle. FH and I had been dating about 2 months when Tiffany married her awesome hubbers, Dan, and Jessica caught this shot of us laughing on the dance floor.

laughing
It has been my mothers favorite phote ever since and she wanted it incorporated into the invite, here is what we came up with and how...

Supplies
Card Stock - I printed 2 invites on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock.
Matte Photo Paper - I printed several photos on one sheet. I chose matte because I just prefer the finish.
Envelopes - 5 3/4" x 8 3/4" (8.5" x 11" folded in half)
3D Dots - These are dots used to make stuff pop out. My mom bought them not knowing how much we'd need, but I'd figure 2 dots a popping thing.

X-Acto Knife - I guess a paper cutter would work for this also, I'm just used to using an X-Acto Knife for school.
X-Acto Knife safe straight-edge Cutting Mat - You know, so you don't cut your mother's dinning table pad.

First I cut the invite sheets in half...

Then I cut all the photos out, leaving no border...

Next Mr Frenchie put two dots on the back of each photo, one at the top middle and one at the bottom middle, and placed the photo in the top center of the invite.

Ta-Da the finished product!

How did you get your Wedding DIY feet wet?

No comments:

Post a Comment