Thursday, July 23, 2009

So Excited! (and I just can't hide it!)

Mr Frenchie has known since our first date that I am not a HUGE fan of Chinese Food. I'm surprised we went out again because Chinese is his favorite! Especially Chinese Buffets.

Mr Frenchie's dream! (Source)

Since I'm not an evil French Bulldog, I do go to Chinese with Mr Frenchie occasionally. However, I'm also not a dumb French Bulldog either, so we made a deal and we switch off between Sushi (my favorite) and Chinese. Currently, were on Sushi because Mr Frenchie foolishly suggested Pick-Up Stix for dinner last night. HA! That means I get to squeeze in one more Sushi dinner before our rehearsal dinner.

Yep, that's right, I agreed to have Chinese food for our rehearsal dinner. A couple months ago, Mr Frenchie and I were spending a weekend in San Diego. It was Chinese's food turn and Mr Frenchie wanted to take me to a restaurant he used to go with FMIL Frenchie, called China Camp. (For you San Diegians it's behind the pink Denny's on PCH).

Source

"China Camp at Fat City is a theme restaurant, a re-creation of the 19th century camps where Chinese immigrants lived while building railroads, working in mines and working at other grueling jobs. So you'll see waterwheels, old photos, camp memorabilia, hanging abacuses and a huge Chinese dragon -- all meant to commemorate the immigrants' struggle while celebrating their contributions as culinary artists." - Kat Forcades signonsandiego

I wish I had a picture of the inside! China Camp was the most enjoyable Chinese restaurant experience I had ever had. In fact,
I was the one who suggested it as a rehearsal dinner spot. Shock and Surprise Mr Frenchie was in ;-)

Now, with our Wedding invitations off in the mail and our RSVPs rolling in, we needed to get crackin' on the rehearsal dinner invites. One reason I hadn't started yet was because I had NO CLUE what I was going to do. That was until I saw the illustration Mrs Gummi Bear did for The Toucan's first anniversary and I knew! I contacted Gummi and she drew this awesome picture of Mr Frenchie and me on a Chinese take-out box.

I was going to hold off and show these to you after my order from Vista Print had come in and I had already mailed them out. But, no-one in my family, except my awesome cousin Katie, reads WB and I know she won't spoil the surprise. (Hint, Hint Katie). So, with Gummi's adorable illustration I went to Vista Print and did a little magic with an oversized postcard.

Front

How FREAKIN' ADORABLE is that illustration?!? I LOVE IT!

Back

I seriously cannot wait to get these in the mail! A special thanks to Mrs Gummi for getting this to me while she was in the middle of moving! I heart you Gummi :)

Are you having a less than conventional rehearsal dinner?

**If you're intersted in a Super Cute illustration by Gummi, hop over to her etsy shop, franceslovesyou.**

No comments:

Post a Comment