Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bye, Bye Birdies *sniff*

Mama Frenchie received an email from My Wedding Favors on Tuesday saying that our adorable birdie favors were on backorder and wouldn't be available until the Monday before the wedding.


I immediately called and asked what that meant. Did that mean the birds would ship on thatMonday? Because, then we would get them by Tuesday, which could work. Or, did that mean they would process my order again on that Monday? Because then I most definitely wouldn't get them before Thursday, when I would no longer be in Orange County. Although, Michelle (with My Wedding Favors) was very helpful, understood my concern and apologized that it took them so long to notify me about the backorder. (I should have been notified 3 days after my order was placed, not 11, which is what happened), I still wasn't confident that the order would come in time so I cancelled.

Mama Frenchie immediately sniffed around for other options. We really liked the photo/memo clip place card doubling as a favor idea. It was really hard to find plain memo clips.

Some of those would be really cute for someone else's wedding, just not mine.

Luckily, Mama Frenchie found these on Displays2Go.


You may be thinking, "Bird clip! Miss Frenchie you should go with the bird clip!" Yeah, about that - I'm not a huge fan of the gold metal. I know I'm weird, it has a bird, it's perfect... ish. We're doing Birdie signs on all the table, coming out of the centerpieces, and the shaped of the those birdies don't match the bird clip. (Mama Frenchie and I are working on that this weekend so I promise to blog about it soon). Mama Frenchie really wanted them to have a color and I wanted them to be more than just a cube and a clip, so we ended up ordering the Aqua Base with Heart Clip.

Now for the best part - Each birdie from My Wedding Favors was about $3.45/bird, it was pricey, but we liked them so much we went with it. The new favors are costing us $0.71/clip! 71 CENTS per clip!

Did a disappointment end up saving you money?

No comments:

Post a Comment