Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nesting: Part 1, Finding a Place

As you know Mr Frenchie and I are waiting until after we're married to live together. Since our wedding is less than 2 short monthes away (Holy Cwrap!) I'm really happy we nailed down where that would be last weekend.

I would like to tell you we sat down and looked at all the apartment complexs on a map between his work (A) and my work (B). Contemplated drive times and proximaties to grocery stores etc. But we didn't.


See Dana Point on that map? See Newport Beach (B)? That is my commute. I'm used to it, I've driven it everyday (work) day for the past 7 years and it's not bad at all. Especially if I have enough time to drive up the coast. The funny thing is from Dana Point to where Mr Frenchie works (A) it takes about the same amoun go time to get to his office. It doesn't make any sense, I know. Anyway, so we just looked for an apartment close to where we already live. Stick with what you know, right?
About 5 monthes ago Mr Frenchie and I were to our Sunday Starbucks place (What you don't have a Starbucks for different days of the week?) and decided to go look at apartments. There is a great complex right next to the shopping center with the Starbucks, we headed there first. Turns out of first stop was our last stop, we LOVED the place.


The floor plan we liked has tons of light, a great patio and an island in the kitchen. There are also streams that run around the complex, we fell in love. The only problem was, at the time, we still had to wait MONTHES until we could live in it. We put our name on a list and this past weekend we secured our unit. Mr Frenchie will move in at the end of July and I'll move over my stuff that I don't need on a daily basis. (My parents are very excited to get my dinning table and hutch out of their garage). This way we don't have to do a ton of moving when we get back from our honeymoon.

I'm curious, if you're not living with each other until after the wedding, when did you start moving your stuff in together?

No comments:

Post a Comment