Monday, December 7, 2009

Frenchie Kisses: Waiting to go Down the Aisle

About 30 minutes before our ceremony my dad drove me over to our venue. Don't tell the police but I didn't wear my seatbelt. I ran the newspaper headline through my head, "Bride flies through windshield on her way to the ceremony" and told my dad to drive as slowly as he needed too! We weren't going far, but aren't those 'famous last words'.



My DOC made sure Mr Frenchie couldn't see me while Papa Frenchie dropped me off in the back parking lot and I walked, by myself, to the Bridal Room. As independent as I think I am, I should have waited for my dad or bridesmaids to walk with me. I was a ball of emotions at this point and a group of drunken Frat boys sing the Wedding March about made me chuck my bouquet at them. I managed to hold on to my bouquet and duck into the Bridal Room and my dad followed shortly.

While I tried to relax with my bridesmaids our guests started to mill around outside.


My Parent's friends...


My friends...


The ladies from Church...


SIL Frenchie and her boyfriend, Mark...


and friends from when we lived in Dallas...


As is got closer to "THE TIME" I tied Mr Frenchie's ring around Sister Frenchie's wrist.

You may remember Mr Frenchie and I decided not to have children in our wedding, this meant Sister Frenchie was in charge of Mr Frenchie's ring. Using some left over ribbon from our OOT bags Mama Frenchie came up with the genius idea to tie it around Sister Frenchie's wrist, because it was WAY too big for here to wear around her thumb and she didn't want to drop it.

Next, Sister Frenchie helped me with my garters...

and re-lacing my dress.


I put my shoes on all by myself ;-)

And we're ready to go!

Up Next: Walking down the aisle.

***Note: All photos, unless otherwise noted, are by the fabulously talented, and super awesome to know, Ohana Photographers***




No comments:

Post a Comment