Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That's My Jam!

I interupt the Frenchiemoon recaps to bring you a post I was working on before our wedding, our song list.

Although, we had an awesome band for our wedding, we also had a DJ for the main "dancing" portion of the evening. To assure that Celine Dion or Mariah Carey didn't make an appearance at the French Bulldog wedding, Mr Frenchie and I put together a little play list. We spent an afternoon listening to our iTunes and writing down songs wanted to hear and thought our guests would enjoy... and enjoy they did!

Anniversary Dance - "When I'm 64" - The Beatles
Bouquet Toss - "Clumsy" - Fergie
Garter Toss - "Pink Panther Theme" - Henry Mancini
Cake Cutting - "How Sweet It Is" - James Taylor (We wanted to do "Ma Na Ma Na" by The Muppets by we didn't think our older guests would get it)


Dance Tunes
"At Last" - Etta James
"Brick House" - The Commodores
"Brighter Than Sunshine" - Aqualung
"Brown Eyed Girl" - Van Morrison
"Build me up, Buttercup" - The Fountains (BM F & my song)
"Celebration" - Kool and the Gang
"Come On Eileen" - Save Ferris (version)
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - Queen
"Dancing Queen" - Abba
"Don't Stop the Music" - Rihanna (Club Mix)
"Float On" - Modest Mouse
"Get Off My Cloud" - Rolling Stones
"Gimme More" - Britney Spears
"Got My Own Thing Now" - Squirrel Nut Zippers
"Groove is in the Heart" - Deee-lite
"Hip to be Square" - Huey Lewis
"I Can't Help Myself" - The Four Tops


"I Want You to Want Me" - Cheap Trick
"It Had to be You" - Harry Conick, Jr
"It's My Life" - Bon Jovi
"Jump, Jive n Wail" - Brian Setzer Orchestra
"Just Dance" - Lady Ga Ga
"Life is a Highway" - John Cochrane
"Love Shack" - B-52s
"Moondance" - Michael Buble (version)
"My Girl" - The Temptations
"Old Time Rock n Roll" - Bob Seger
"Pennies from Heaven" - Louis Prima
"PYT" - Michael Jackson
"Rebel Yell" - Billy Idol
"Respect" - Aretha Franklin
"Shake It" - Metro Station
"Son of a Preacher Man" - Dusty Springfield
"Stayin' Alive" - Bee Gees
"Straight Up" - Paula Abdul
"Sussudio" - Phil Collins
"Sweet Caroline" - Neal Diamond
"Thriller" - Michael Jackson
"Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina & The Waves
"We Are Family" - Sister Sledge
"You Spin Me 'Round" - Dead or Alive

What are your favorite dance tunes?

No comments:

Post a Comment