Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Frenchie Kisses: Papa Frenchie’s Speech

As you can probably tell, The Frenchbulldogs didn’t shy much from your typical wedding timeline. Mr Frenchie and I had been to a few wedding while we were dating and took notes on the things we liked and didn’t like. We really like when couples would get the speeches out of the way at the beginning, when you were still full from cocktail hour and happy you were sitting down. So, after our first dance, we went right into the speeches.

Papa Frenchie went first…

DadSpeech
I thought about posting his entire speec, but I since I start tearing up just looking at these pictures, I wasn’t sure I could make it through transcribing the whole speech.

My Daddy isn’t a “big talker” like me… or my Mom. He’s more introverted, like Mr Frenchie.

DadspMomhaha
My Dad doesn’t say, “I love you” all the time, but I know how much he loves me through his actions. He bought a book on writing this speech. While we were waiting for my Mom and Sister to arrive at my birthday lunch (2 months before the wedding) he took out a piece of paper and pen, asked me questions and took notes.

EmKatieDadSp
He dedicated a lot of time an effort into writing a meaningful speech for our wedding and it showed.

dadsad1
I’ve only seen my Dad cry one other time in my life, and that was when we had to put my childhood dog, Muffy, down.

Dadspmecry
He brought up his Father and my Mother’s parents not being there that day. He cried and everyone else cried with him.

DadSpGma
And, in the end he left everyone laughing when he brought up his love for poetry (totally untrue) and read a poem.

dadspbetsy
This was especially funny to me because earlier that day when I was pinning on his boutineer, he said, “I look like I read poetry.”

DadspUshaha

My Dad and my special connection has always been our cheesy sense of humor. He makes me laugh. They say girls marry their father and Mr Frenchie’s cheesy sense of humor is one of the reasons I love him so much.

dadspjas1


Please tell me I'm not the only cliché, did you "marry your father"?

So Far...We're Here and We're Married
Birdie Details

***Note: All photos, unless otherwise noted, are by the fabulously talented, and super awesome to know, Ohana Photographers***

No comments:

Post a Comment